Director of Recreation and Events /Transportation
Company: Discovery Village at Boynton Beach
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: November 24, 2022
About Discovery Senior LivingDiscovery Senior Living ranks
prominently among the 8 largest senior housing providers in the US,
and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing,
and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury
senior-living communities.With a 30-year reputation and almost
14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a
recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and
innovation.Discovery Senior Living is currently looking for a
Director of Recreation & Events to join our community Discovery
Village at Boynton Beach.About the Opportunity:Does working for the
leader in the Senior Housing industry sound like the professional
challenge you are seeking? Discovery Senior Living offers
significant opportunities for growth and career advancement.
Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own
careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with
- Develops and oversees resident services, including planning and
coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of
health, well being, engagement and growth.
- Plans, schedules and conducts lifestyle programs that provide
physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual
opportunities for the residents.
- Plans appropriate programs for holidays and special
- Recruits and develops additional resources for services to the
residents. Initiates correspondence including public relations
communications with outside organizations, service groups and
- Advises and motivates residents regarding appropriate
individual and group activities based on resident interests and
opportunities for growth.
- Prepares and organizes a calendar of events. Submits the
calendar to the Executive Director for final approval. Posts and
distributes the calendar.
- Develops and prints the community newsletter.
- Purchases and maintains equipment and supplies in accordance
with budgetary guidelines.
- Organizes and supervises a volunteer staff.
- Develops and facilitates daily displays of activities on
bulletin boards and/or kiosks in lobbies, elevators, dining rooms
and other resident and team member communication
- Associate degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation,
Education, Gerontology, Social Work, Adult Education.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Two years supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities. -
- Strong computer skills. -
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and
others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.Benefits:In
addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery
offers a comprehensive benefit package. - -Eligible team members
are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical,
dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and
paid holidays. - - Team members are eligible to participate in our
outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance
Program and accident insurance policies.EOE D/V
Keywords: Discovery Village at Boynton Beach, Boynton Beach , Director of Recreation and Events /Transportation, Professions , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!