Therapeutic Security Technician - Boynton Beach, FL - Behavioral Health Technician
Company: NeuroBehavioral Hospitals of the Palm Beaches-Sout
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Therapeutic Security Technician - Boynton Beach, FLWhy
Here at NeuroBehavioral Hospitals, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role
Our--Therapeutic Safety Technician (TST) is a member of an
interdisciplinary clinical team focused on the delivery of care to
all patients, and support the efforts of the clinical and medical
personnel in delivering treatment to the patient population at the
hospital. This care is to be delivered in accordance with a
person-- centered, trauma informed, recovery/resiliency philosophy
and approach to care. TSTs assist and support patients' wellness by
ensuring a safe therapeutic environment throughout the hospital and
during community visits.
What you bring to the table
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Prior work experience with psychiatric patients in a hospital
or secure mental health setting preferred, with a focus on patient
safety. Must be willing to participate in extensive, ongoing
training regarding serious mental illness, de-escalation and
intervention techniques, core strategies, patient safety and
What you will do
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of a wide range of
patient safety assignments throughout the hospital as
- Actively engages with patients in monitoring the environment
and well-being of all.
- Attends and contributes to therapeutic reviews by providing
input into the goals and objectives developed with the
- Works with the treatment team to institute individual crisis
intervention plans and patient safety plans.
- Acts as observer of--patients and provides de-escalation and
redirection as needed.
- Works in a trauma informed model in which the patient is
verbally guided and kept apprised of changes to routine,
- Provides supportive oversight of patients during off-site
activities including medical visits, court trips, and external
- Monitors and tracks environmental concerns through inspection
of equipment, systems and physical structures to ensure a safe
environment for all patients.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Provides emergency responses, along with clinical and medical
members of the treatment team, to address patient safety, which may
include calming patients' disruptive and/or violent behaviors or
threats of self-harm.
- Employs use of verbal de-escalation techniques to modify or
control patients' disruptive behaviors rather than physical force
- Must be alert at all times, pay close attention to details and
be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Neurobehavioral Hospitals (Wellpath) is an
Due to CMS mandate QSO 22-07-All, all Neurobehavioral Hospital of
the Palm Beaches employees are required to obtain Covid-19
Our investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
Keywords: NeuroBehavioral Hospitals of the Palm Beaches-Sout, Boynton Beach , Therapeutic Security Technician - Boynton Beach, FL - Behavioral Health Technician, Professions , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!