Golf Course Superintendent
Company: Quail Ridge Country Club
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2022
- Responsible for all maintenance practices of the golf course
and practice facilities. Responsibilities include training of new
employees, equipment operation while maintaining club standards and
adherence to all Human Resource procedures. Has full authority for
Golf Course Maintenance Department in absence of Director of
Agronomy/Golf Course Maintenance. Assures that the standards of
member services and playing conditions are met; deals with
administrative duties, safety requirements, as well as, supervising
40+ employees to achieve goals and club standards.Essential
- Monitors daily golf course set up, inspection, and
- Full departmental authority for all practices and procedures
during Director of Agronomy/Golf Course Maintenance absence.
- Inspects all areas of quality standards.
- Supervision of employees.
- Evaluates daily labor records.
- Schedules and conducts safety and staff meetings.
- Approves equipment schedules.
- Conducts inventory controls: chemical, irrigation, fertilizer,
topdressing, drainage materials, and construction materials.
- Approves purchase order requisitions.
- Assists with budget preparation. Provides input and cooperates
with the CFO in preparation of the annual operating budgets.
- Training of new and existing employees: job function, equipment
operation, safety requirements, safety training, guest service
standards and departmental information.
- Agronomic programming and implementation: fertilization,
chemical, and cultural practices.
- Final daily course evaluation/inspection.
- Work closely with Human Resources Director, supervisors, and
employees to maintain a positive work environment including
communication, training, discipline, and evaluations.
- Authority to expend overtime hours as needed per each operation
to meet standards of quality upon approval of Director of
Agronomy/Golf Course Maintenance.
- Initiates purchase orders for golf course supplies including
golf course accessories, chemicals, fertilizers and
- Constant communication with all departments to accomplish all
tasks required by scheduling needs of each golf course and its
- Communicates with other departments in relationship to
- Works with the Human Resources Department concerning all
employees discipline, evaluations, onboarding, interviewing,
terminations, safety training and other related personnel concerns
- Evaluation of products and service relative to present and
- Enforce Quail Ridge policies/procedures for staff.
- Provide conflict resolution and counseling to employees.
- Prepare, review, and submit time cards/time records to
payroll/HR for department.
- Attends required committee and management meetings, as a Quail
Ridge staff representative.
- Performs position with high standards, integrity and in a
timely and efficient manner.
- Participates in safety management meetings and ensures
enforcement with staff.
- Performs department tasks; interviewing, hiring, and discharge
- Recommends and provides significant input regarding all staff
on hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, and other employment
- Stays abreast of all HR policies and ensures new information
and policies are communicated at all levels.
- Ensures that the department is operated in accordance with all
applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.Knowledge,
skills and abilities
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and
procedures in Golf Course Maintenance/Turf Maintenance.
- Knowledge of the use of turf and landscaping equipment
including tractors, mowers, aerifier, electric motors, etc...
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able and willing to take directions and give/provide
directions to staff.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and coordinate and
complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Must be a self-starter and eager to learn.
- Must be able to recognize and solve problems.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual and possess time
- Must maintain high performance standards.
- Fluent reading and writing in English with the ability to
recognize signs and symbols.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with employees,
management and members.
- Must have computer skills including use of Windows, Microsoft
Office Programs and the Internet. Education and experience
- Associate Degree and/or Bachelor's Degree in turf grass
management/golf course management or related field and/or
- Five years general golf course maintenance with two years as an
- Requires knowledge of irrigation and current chemical
- Must have Florida State Pesticide License or ability to acquire
within 6 months.
- Requires extensive knowledge of all turf equipment.
- Requires basic working knowledge of computer including
spreadsheet applications and Microsoft applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Club standard operating policies and
- Continuing education classes related to golf course
- Must have thorough understanding of golf course.
- Requires experience with supervision and training of
- Supervises 35-45 GCM work staff.
- Assistant Golf Course Superintendents
- Light Equipment Operators
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Spray Technicians
- Irrigation Technicians
- Other GCM employeesApply on our website at: Drug Free
Keywords: Quail Ridge Country Club, Boynton Beach , Golf Course Superintendent, Other , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!