Faculty Group Practice Billing Representative II
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: October 8, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Billing
In this role, the successful candidate Under general direction
submits claims. follows-up on unpaid balances (insurance or
patient), corrects errors, enters claim information, submits
authorization/precertification requests with insurance companies,
follows up on denied claims and/or authorizations, and submits
appeals as necessary. Assists with other related tasks including
medical record requests, reviewing accounts, and billing
- Perform billing tasks assigned by management which may include
data entry, claim review, charge review, accounts receivable
follow-up, or other related responsibilities.
- Perform daily tasks in assigned work queues and according to
- Identify payer, provider credentialing, and/or coding issues
and address them with management.
- Follow workflows provided in training classes and request
additional training as needed.
- Utilize CBO Pathways as guide for determining actions needed to
resolve unpaid or incorrectly paid claims and/or for authorizing
procedures in assigned workqueue(s) using payer websites, billing
system information and training within expected timeframe;
- Adhere to general practices and FGP guidelines on compliance
issues and patient confidentiality.
- Communicate with providers, patients, coders, or other
responsible persons to ensure that claims are correctly processed
by third party payers.
- Participate in workgroups and meetings. Attend all required
training classes. Escalate issues to management as needed. Maintain
confidentiality. Read and apply policies and procedures to make
appropriate decisions. Coordinate functions and work cooperatively
with others. Explain processes and procedures to others; performs
other related duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED. Experience
in medical billing, accounts receivable, insurance, or related
duties; Knowledge of CPT and ICD10; medical billing software;
English usage, grammar and spelling; basic math; 2 years experience
in a similar role.
Experience with precertifications/authorizations preferred.
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, Boynton Beach , Faculty Group Practice Billing Representative II, Other , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!