Company: Akumin Inc. J USF
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Akumin is a fast-growing organization. We are currently looking
for a professional, experienced and detail oriented Insurance
Specialist. The Insurance Specialist will work closely with
physicians, patients, and insurance carriers to ensure timely and
accurate verification of benefits for specialized procedures via
both the internet and phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate, timely and thorough documentation regarding
verification and account activity; this includes pre-cert notes and
task icon notes for any pending
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of medical insurance and
how to obtain information from insurance companies.
- Responsible for handling inbound calls regarding insurance
claims, billing issues and eligibility of benefits
- Maintain confidentiality of company, client and patient
- Assist in compiling and updating reference guides for different
- Monitor assigned daily worklist and email group to ensure no
requests are missed
- Foster communication between verification dept. and imaging
facilities to help improve workflow and quickly resolve any
- Any other job duties assigned by Management/Supervisor
High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years' prior medical office insurance verification
experience is preferred;
- 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Meet the minimum daily quota established by region.
- Professional appearance and demeanor are required
- Knowledge of HMO, PPO, Government, Work Comp, LOP and PIP
- Must be articulate, professional, and have excellent customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
- Multi-tasking skills are essential;
- Must be reliable, flexible and motivated;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with current software packages such as Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook, Vision on Demand, Centricity, Healthpac and
FUJI RIS, MERGE RIS.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10 preferred.
- Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be
changed at any time.
- Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job
responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies,
procedures, rules and regulations of Akumin.
Keywords: Akumin Inc. J USF, Boynton Beach , Insurance Specialist, Other , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!