Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, EyeSouth
Partners (“EyeSouth”) is an eye care management service
organization committed to partnering with leading physicians to
build a premier network of eye care services in throughout the
Southeast. EyeSouth’s partner practices’ clinical mission is to
provide high quality medical and surgical specialty eye care.
EyeSouth supports its affiliated practices and physician partners
with capital, administrative resources, operating expertise, and
strategic guidance with an absolute focus on clinical quality and a
affiliate network currently consists of over 120 doctors practicing
at 70+ locations throughout Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama,
Louisiana, and Texas and with our near-term rapid growth strategy
we have an ever-expanding corporate team. EyeSouth is experiencing
tremendous growth due to favorable organic growth trends and an
impressive track-record of successful affiliations
We are offering a $500
sign-on bonus for this position.
actively recruiting for an open position of Pediatric Ophthalmic
Technician, at our Affiliate, Florida Eye Microsurgical
wish to join a growing team with favorable benefits and perks,
while contributing to a best in class organization, please apply
with your resume.
Eye Microsurgical Institute offers a competitive benefits package
to its employees:
- 401k w/ Match
- Telemedicine (100% company
- EAP (100% company
- Group Life/AD&D (100%
- STD (100% company
- LTD (100% company
- Generous PTO
- 7.5 Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts and
Eye Microsurgical Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.
Position summary: Assist the
Ophthalmologist by performing cataract evaluations and pre-testing.
Ability to work within the ASC and operate the Lensx laser,
training and certification will be provided. Knowledge of the
femto-second platform is a plus.
Essential duties and Experience:
1. Obtain and record concisely an accurate
· Basic skills and lensometry
· Measures visual acuity at distance and
near utilizing appropriate test for age and education, and records
accurately. Performs pinhole testing when indicated.
· Performs color vision testing.
· Measures and records current lens power
accurately with a lensometer.
· Performs and records Amsler Grid.
· Performs and records Schirmer
· Evaluates the pupil.
· Estimates the anterior chamber depth.
· Performs color vision testing and stereo
2. Patient Services
· Applies proper ocular dressing and
· Instills drugs properly and understands
the indication/contraindication for use in dilation, tests
requiring corneal anesthetic including tonometry, and other tests
which may be required by the physician.
· Assists patients properly when physically
or visually disabled.
3. Basic Tonometry
· Performs accurate Goldman applanation
tonometry and properly disinfects the tonometer.
· Performs accurately Tono-pen when
4. General Maintenance
· Stocks examination rooms in assigned area
and ensures that medications expiration dates are current.
· Disinfects and maintains examination
5. General Medical Knowledge including:
· Ability to perform CPR.
· Basic anatomy and physiology
· Systemic diseases
· Ocular diseases
6. Clinical Refractometry/Keratometry
· Perform accurate refractometry to
determine the subjective refractive error.
· Measure vertex distance with a
· Locate and mark optical centers of a pair
of lenses and measure the distance between them.
· Measure corneal curve using a
7. Basic Ocular Motility:
· Detect and distinguish a phoria and
· Determine functional amblyopia through
measurement of the visual acuity.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. OCT, Manual Keratometry, Version
2. Surgical assisting with minor outpatient
3. Stocks examination rooms in assigned
area and ensures that medications expiration dates are current.
4. Disinfects and maintains examination
If not already previously certified:
- Complete AAO Home Study Course within 90
days of employment
- Complete OSC (Ophthalmic Scribe
Certification) within 90 days of employment
- Should sit for JCAHPO COA certification
as soon as qualified.
• High School Diploma
• Fluency in English, bilingual
• Excellent spelling and typing
Perform Biometry using the IOL Master,
Perform Corneal Topography, knowledge of
the Oculus Pentacam a plus.