Company: Restaurant Depot
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Position Title: Deli ManagerDepartment: DeliSupervisor:
Assistant Branch Manager/Branch ManagerFLSA: ExemptPosition
Summary:Responsible for receiving product and ensures that
aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and
delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop
relationships with large customers.
- Supervises Assistant Deli Manager, Deli Supervisors and
Stockers to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the
proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all deli products and ensures that
the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of deli products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the
proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked
in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers
prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical
adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively
merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
- Performs weekly self audits on the perishable department.Other
- Performs other work-related duties as required and
assigned.Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree, OR
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 4 years experience in
customer service, OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts,
interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situation and documentation.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer
- Computer LiteracyPhysical Requirements:
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average
- Lift 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50 or less) 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity 80-100%
- Manual dexterity 80 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time
- Stand/walk constantly
- Reach above shoulder level occasionally
- Twist/turn head occasionally
- Bend over/stoop occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionallyWork Environment:
- Requires frequent exposure to cold temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks,
scooters) I have had the opportunity to read and discuss this job
description with my supervisor. I fully understand the
responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required
functions.Acknowledgement:I fully understand the responsibilities
and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that
I am capable of performing the required functions.
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Boynton Beach , Deli Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!