Physical Therapy Assistant
Company: Sigma Inc
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: November 24, 2022
237464 - Physical Therapy Assistant - Boynton Beach, FL - 13
Sigma Healthcare Team is currently looking for a PTA who will
provide Physical Therapy and related services for patients under
the direction of a licensed Physical Therapist (PT) while
maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and
clients in accordance with the principles and practices of physical
Shift: Monday - Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the licensed physical therapist,
optimize the functional abilities and skills of patients in
facilities by assisting in screening and providing input to initial
evaluation of all patients as appropriate, and implementing
treatment for all assigned patients.
- Provide direct supervision to rehab techs in tasks during group
and individual treatment in a manner that promotes appropriate
utilization of resources and enhances quality of patient in
accordance with state practice acts, federal regulations, and
- Build a strong physical therapy program by participating in
actively integrating physical therapy's role into facility and
interdisciplinary treatment plan;
- Enhance clinical expertise, professional and management skills
through interaction with managers, therapists and other
professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education
- Maintain valid state license (where appropriate). Maintain
awareness of issues related to the profession of physical therapy
and the health care environment.
- Understands various relevant payment models related to billing
and treatment guidelines, as well as clinically appropriate
means/modes of delivery. Provide quality care as well as reasonable
goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Be compliant with infection control procedures and
environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Must be able to travel between facilities during scheduled
- Must be able to work varying hours and shifts, including
weekends and holidays.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Prior to beginning patient carea peer PT must complete a
- Effective clinical problem-solving skills to include but not
limited to: identify and prioritize issues in a responsive manner,
develop sound and innovative action plans, execute action plans on
a timely basis, and ensure appropriate results.
- Graduate of an APTA accredited school of physical
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.(Outlook, Word, Excel,
Power Point, etc.) Basic Internet navigation skills.
- Valid Physical Therapy Assistant state license.(where
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Boynton Beach , Physical Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!