Intake Coordinator (RN) - Admission
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: September 14, 2022
Intake Coordinator (RN)Why Wellpath
Here at NeuroBehavioral Hospitals, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role
The Intake Coordinator (RN) is required to have knowledge of
hospital and nursing policies and procedures. Will provide oversite
of the admissions department for a specified shift at the facility.
Coordinator will always provide care and collaboration in a
positive, empathetic, and professional manner towards patients,
colleagues, visitors, and external contacts. Provides direct care
for patients as well as directs and coordinates other staff members
within the intake department on the daily activities and needs of
What you bring to the table
* Graduate from an accredited program in nursing. Bachelor's Degree
* A minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in a psychiatric
or mental health setting preferred, with at least two (1) years
direct experience as an intake nurse.
* License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of
* Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
What you will do
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization
* Assumes shift responsibility and accountability for the intake
department by leading, mentoring, and training staff members in
addition to providing support and guidance to all staff
* Oversees quality assurance activities and compliance to
operational standards, participates in program development,
development or implementation of operating policy and procedure,
promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and
environmental practices as requested.
* Ensures EMTALA standards are upheld and documented for all
admissions, transfers, and discharges.
* Responsible for being able to perform all aspects of intake and
admission process within scope of practice.
* Creates a daily log of intake staff assignments.
* Knowledgeable, efficient, and effective communication with
inquiry calls and referral sources
* Provides hospital and program information to individuals,
agencies, facilities, and professionals in addition to making
outside referrals, when appropriate
* Triages, assesses, and documents an individual's mental health
* Communicates assessment findings to the provider along with
making patient safety and level of care recommendations.
* Works collaboratively with other community medical
facilities/agencies to obtain appropriate authorizations for
* Evaluates and recognizes any urgent crisis of patient and/or
their families and facilitates appropriate necessary
* Demonstrates expertise in the Florida Mental Health Act -FS 394
("The Baker Act"), possesses a thorough understanding of its
application, and ensures compliance with all regulatory
* Collaborates medical treatment with third party payers and
utilization review department to qualify patients for current or
continued care needs, obtaining pre-admission authorization prior
* Facilitate the determination whether a patient meets admission
criteria or referral to community resource is required and ensures
* Identifies insurance benefits and obtains pre-certification for
* Completes all admission requirements, communicating patient
safety concerns and pertinent patient information to unit nursing
staff and ensures documentation of all necessary information.
* Identifies issues or emergencies and responds in a calm and
efficient manner to provide direction, and assistance, such as
Rapid Response and Code Blue emergencies.
* Ensures all required documentation, follow up and communication
of incidents are completed per hospital policy.
* Provides support, guidance, and feedback to assist staff in
compliance with facility policies.
* Keep professionally current, by attending continuing education
programs, seminars, and workshops
* Actively participates in the performance improvement process by
monitoring and evaluating functions and performing qualitative
* Participates actively in nursing management, and staff meetings
including staff trainings.
* Works in other areas of the nursing department when assigned
* Performs duties as otherwise not assigned.
NeuroBehavioral Hospitals (Wellpath) is an
Our investment in you
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
* Time off & leave benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Parental benefits
* Perks and discounts
* And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Keywords: Wellpath, Boynton Beach , Intake Coordinator (RN) - Admission, Healthcare , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!