Medical Assistant - Boynton West
Company: Amicus Medical Centers
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: POSITION OVERVIEW:Works at the direction
of center's doctor(s) and office administrator and is responsible
for various clerical, clinical and patient care duties. Ensures
both the highest level of patient care and that the center operates
with utmost efficiency.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(including, but not limited to):
- Collects and accurately records the patient's vital signs,
chief complaint, symptoms, history, allergies and
- Collects specimens and administers oral medication and
immunizations as instructed by the doctor.
- Obtains, prepares, and sets up supplies and instruments to be
used in the care and treatment of patients.
- Prepares patients for examination and assists doctor(s) as
needed in the examination of the patient (e.g., hold child for
injection, turn patient, hand instruments to doctor, etc.).
- Tracks and routes test results to doctor for review, and
reports abnormal values or key information to doctor promptly.
- Enters all required patient information and clinical data in
the electronic medical record (EMR) system to maintain the
paperless charting system of the center.
- Uses the principles of growth and development to assess each
patient's age-specific needs and provides age-specific treatment
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked, safe environment for patients
and staff. Keeps patient care and utility areas neat and
- Ensures that all HIPAA/ OSHA standards are in compliance.
- Answers phone, takes messages, assists doctor or other staff as
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, safety, environmental, and infection control
- Participates in departmental and organizational quality
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department
objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental
objectives, and infection control policies.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Effectively manage special projects and other tasks as
- Performs other duties as required.REQUIREMENTS (including, but
not limited to):
- Associate's Degree or equivalent training or experience
- Minimum, five (5) years experience in a physician practice or
in a Medical Center required.
- Certified Medical Assistant through the National Healthcareer
Association (NHA) American Association of Medical Assistants
(AAMA), or Registered Medical Assistant by the American Medical
- Current CPR certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic Medical Assisting skills (i.e.,
taking vital signs, administering vaccines, recognition of abnormal
signs and symptoms, etc.); first aid; patients' rights; universal
precautions; infection control; body mechanics; basic medical and
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a reliable team player committed to working in a
quality and customer centric environment. Will require daily
interaction in person, on the phone, and via email in order to
perform the job.
- Superior customer service skills: demonstrate responsiveness,
depth of knowledge and thoroughness in handling and responding to
inquiries from patients and team members.
- Skilled in harmoniously working in high stress
situations/environments and with distraught or agitated
- Ability to work autonomously, to multi-task, and provide
quality patient care is essential.
- Self-reliant and self-motivated with strong ability to
prioritize and plan to get things done.
- Ability to work productively, cohesively within a team and
resolve conflict in a positive manner.
- Adaptability is essential to manage the needs of a department
with unpredictable volume and resources.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, flexible, outgoing, with a
professional "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent listening comprehension, oral communication, and
written communication skills and the ability to interact in a
tactful and positive manner.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions precisely and keen
attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Able to read, write, and understand English. Bilingual -
Spanish or Creole is a plus.
- Understanding and experience using EMR software and
- Proficient computer skills and solid knowledge of Microsoft
Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).In addition to the
above listed minimum requirements, candidates who possess the
following skills, experience, and capabilities may receive greater
consideration during the evaluation process:
- Experience in Geriatrics
- Experience with a health plan/health insurer and/or
Keywords: Amicus Medical Centers, Boynton Beach , Medical Assistant - Boynton West, Healthcare , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!