Medical Assistant - Palm Beach Gardens (Full Time, Day Shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Medical Assistant - Palm Beach Gardens (Full Time, Day
Shift)-19636DescriptionJob SummaryAssists in examinations and
treatment of patient's care under the direction of the physician
and/or clinician. Supports patient care management by performing
various administrative functions. QualificationsMinimum Job
- Medical Assistant certification/graduate of an accredited
Medical Assistant program (OR) Prior Medical Assistant experience
in a physician practice and Medical Assistant
certification/graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
required within 90 days of hire
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and
in good standing throughout employmentKnowledge, Skills, and
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Excellent patient management, customer service, and
- 2-4 years physician office experience preferred.
- 2-4 years of coordinating clinical care for patients
preferred.Job Specific Duties
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes, and relays accurate
- If applicable, prepares and administers
medications/immunizations to patients as directed by provider.
- Communicates all significant changes in patient conditions or
behavior to clinicians and physicians.
- Ensures all medical record/patient charts contains necessary
documentation for medical appointments. Completes charting,
collects, and distributes medical record documents related to
- Gathers data for general information, special reports,
contacting other employees, departments, agencies, and individuals
for additional material. May prepare reports for provider
- Maintains/prepares billing charge and reconciliation, assist in
completing claims forms, and answers patient questions in reference
to payment status.
- Runs reports for credit cards, super bills, and etc. Prepares
final bookkeeping of assigned cash drawer and prepares and makes
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and patient rooms.
- Operates and maintains equipment in proper working
condition/order. Ensures medical supplies and inventory are
- Performs and documents vital signs and measurements. Provides
and documents patient and family education.
- Assists physician with simple procedures and patient transport.
Collects specimens and distributes to laboratory for results.
- Prepares for patient visits by preparing /pulling charts,
printing super bills, and informing physician and other clinical
staff of changes in schedule.
- Schedules appointments, diagnostic, therapeutic, verifies
medical appointments, obtains and/or verify authorizations.
- Processes medical documentation for office visit and follow-up
with patient when required.
- Serves as receptionist, conducts patient check-in,
registration, collects fee for service/co-payments, and verifies
referrals, insurance data, patient's address & other pertinent
- Tracks all samples per policy before providing to patients to
ensure proper coordination with physician orders or requests.
- Enters electronic order for lab, x-ray and
medication/prescriptions for provider review and approval in
electronic medical record.
- Process refills as directed by provider and written
Job:Nursing- Support (Clinical)Primary Location:Florida-West Palm
Beach-Palm BeachDepartment:NCPS-PALM BEACH
SPECIALISTS-3100-471009Job Status:Full Time
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Boynton Beach , Medical Assistant - Palm Beach Gardens (Full Time, Day Shift), Healthcare , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!