Assistant Director of Landscape Operations
Company: Quail Ridge Country Club
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: March 11, 2023
The position will be responsible for the supervision and
oversight of multiple staff members and teams performing various
landscape maintenance services for the Property Owners Association.
A great eye for detail and a proactive, cost effective approach to
providing quality services to the members is expected. Regular,
friendly and clear communication with the members/residents is
required. If you have exemplary member service skills, strong
leadership abilities, and the desire to be part of a dynamic team
environment, then we would like to talk to you.
Assistant Director of Landscape Operations is responsible for
maintaining the Quail Ridge POA landscape and grounds to reflect
the ideals and intent of the Quail Ridge members and management.
Supports Director of Landscape Operations in all daily and
management functions. This position manages staff and
horticulturist program, budget, programs, equipment and facilities
and oversees community landscape and horticultural function.
- Manage and coordinate horticultural functions of the
- Supervise, instruct and plan activities and projects by staff
of 40+ employees.
- Oversees the maintenance of the plantings, trees, lawns,
sidewalks, perimeter hedge and green space comprised of nearly 600
- Manage landscape and horticultural staff members including:
supervising, payroll recording, setting departmental procedures and
policies consistent with QR POA policies, overseeing daily
- Completing plant surveys for each condominium area each year,
working closely with each area's representative.
- Responsible for service calls to membership. Solve landscape
problems and document with paperwork.
- Completing landscape applications for landscape improvements or
- Perform monthly inspections of Amenities and Common areas (Club
house, Fitness, Tennis, Administration, North Gate and South Gate).
Develop action plans and report at weekly staff meetings progress
- Design and re-designing the landscape for residences and
amenities including marketing and promotion of all
- Design and re-designing the landscape seasonal flowers for all
residences, communities and amenities including marketing and
promotion of all services.
- Assist in updating and cataloging the seasonal flower master
plan in common areas, communities and amenities.
- Review and offer alternative recommendations of all plant
material - trees, shrubs, annuals and sod.
- Perform a variety of administrative/office functions within
landscape department as needed.
- Coordinate all work with the Director of Landscape Operations
Manager in an efficient and timely manner, as well as, follow all
protocol in specifying, bidding and planning work.
- Works in synergy with Director of Landscape Operations and
Director of Agronomy in over-lapping areas. Ex. (Clubhouse, Common
areas, and Special Projects).
- Prepares bills and work orders for the accounting department
for services provided to the membership.
- Manage and supervise work with outside companies to assist with
horticulture duties and projects for completion.
- Follow up with vendors as needed, i.e.: negotiate pricing,
research, comparisons, pricing, inventory, deliveries, etc... to
ensure services are performed/completed.
- Assist in plant inventory, tagging and care of holding
- Review and monitors all existing plantings within the community
including specifications and design.
- Plan and follow a fiscal budget for operations, personnel,
capital and special projects expenditures.
- Plan, design, and carry out landscape plantings and landscape
projects coordinated with the POA landscape committee. This
includes purchasing materials, coordinating and scheduling with
consultants and contractors and reviewing bids for presentation to
Director of Landscape Operations, Landscape Committee and
- Regular evaluations of arboriculture needs as to general health
of trees and safety of the residents are to be made.
- Plan, consult and assist with other Director regarding capital
- Order plant materials and supplies including fertilizer and
pesticides to maintain the integrity of the property's landscape.
Develop and coordinate contractor time tables for
- Meet with department staff at regular meetings to exchange
information and coordinate activities to maximize capital.
- Write reports, planning documents, and newsletter articles as
- Coordinate horticulture responsibilities for special
- Complete accessibility for homeowners requests, concerns and
- Responsible for monthly work orders and billings to homeowners
for plantings, tree work and irrigation projects within defined
- Works with the Human Resources Department concerning all
employees discipline, evaluations, onboarding, interviewing,
hiring, terminations, safety training and other related personnel
concerns and procedures.
- Prepare, review, and submit time cards/time records to
payroll/HR for department.
- Training of new and existing employees: job function, equipment
operation, safety requirements, safety training, guest service
standards and departmental information.
- Schedules and conducts safety and staff meetings.
- Perform any other duties/tasks that is required, assigned,
and/or directed by management.
Requirements and experience
- Minimum five years of experience in Horticulture or Landscape
Management, Bachelor Degree in Plant Science or Landscape is
- Previous Landscape experience required.
- Requires knowledge of irrigation and spraying
- Requires basic working knowledge of computer including
spreadsheet applications and Microsoft office
- Pesticide application certification/license or ability to get
one in one year.
- Valid Florida Driver's License.
- Must understand horticultural practices, landscape maintenance
operations and function.
- Landscape maintenance staff management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills including effective presentation, negotiation and problems
- Self-starter, creative, persuasive and goal oriented.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships within the department and across
- Ability to work independently and lead staff
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse staff.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with employees,
management and members.
- Must be able to recognize and solve problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish);
- Experience maintaining native plant material in Florida weather
- Irrigation experience;
- Landscape design experience.
Apply on our website at:
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quail Ridge Country Club, Boynton Beach , Assistant Director of Landscape Operations, Executive , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...