Director of Life Enrichment
Company: Harbor Retirement Associates (HRA)
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Develops and implements inspiring success oriented Life
Enrichment programs designed to meet the overall needs of the
residents based on the person centered care approach.Essential
- Develops meaningful and purposeful activity programs to enrich
the lives of the residents and families
- Develops and implements monthly activities program calendar
based on the therapeutic scope of programs.
- Promotes and maintains Family Partnership Program to encourage
and nurture family members, community groups and individuals to
join together as volunteers with a focus on quality of life for
- Oversight of LE coordinators and Care managers with focus on
quality daily living experiences for residents.
- Responsible for completion of Person Centered Care form for
each resident to ensure comprehensive social information is
collected in order to develop purposeful programs based on
interest, personal history and ability.
- Embraces and promotes Parallel Program model through calendar
development, associate and volunteer participation.
- Maintains data collection and weekly reports to ensure each
resident is touched a minimum of 5 times per day in life enrichment
programs- as a goal.
- Provides a forum for residents and family members to meet
regularly and share their ideas, thoughts, and concerns regarding
their daily living experience.
- Ensures that residents are encouraged and assisted to
participate in life enrichment activity programs that are of
interest to them.
- Maintains an adequate supply of equipment for regular
activities, keeping within budgetary guidelines
- Encourages and welcomes participation from other
- Maintains resident and environment safety and supports all
aspects of safe return program
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
including on-call and Manager On Duty responsibilities as
- Attends monthly DLE Conference CallNon-Essential Functions:
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings as required
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the
position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person
using the Safe Return program or equivalent, if applicable
- All associates are responsible for maintaining a safe and
secure environment for all community
- Associate's Degree is required; Bachelor's degree preferred or
equivalent education and experience
- Training as certified activity director, recreational, music,
- Minimum of one-year experience in a senior care community
- Experience working with Dementia residents
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and training preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management,
associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Able to make independent decisions
- Able to seek out new methods and willing to incorporate them
into existing practices when applicable
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior
- Able to follow missing person policy and procedure and
understand the Safe Return program.
Keywords: Harbor Retirement Associates (HRA), Boynton Beach , Director of Life Enrichment, Executive , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!