Director of Memory Care
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Has oversight for non-licensed operations in Memory Care. Has
the responsibility of the safety and well-being of all MC
residents. Actively manages resident safety, life enrichment
programs, non-licensed care, social settings in dining, and
appropriate dementia environment. Has the ability as an Alzheimer's
trainer, support group facilitator and family advocate. Is overall
responsible for providing a pleasant living environment for
residents under his/her charge and creates a positive workplace for
- Supervise and direct Memory Care associates.
- Maintain stimulating life enrichment activity programs that
empower, maintain and support individual preferences and
- Maintain environments that promote feelings of safety and
security, overall well-being and happiness in personal and
congregate areas of the community.
- Maintain a positive social model (non-clinical) resulting in a
home like environment.
- Interview residents and families prior to admission and partner
in review with the Director of Resident Care. Completion of Person
Centered Care (PCC) reviews on all new residents admitted.
- Ensure residents non licensed Activities of Daily Living
(ADL)such as bathing, dressing, grooming, dining, continence care,
mobility and other functions are being met through partnership with
Director of Resident Care.
- Train associates and model expectation for resident's
successful dining experience.
- Responds to resident, family and associate concerns in an
appropriate, timely and courteous manner.
- Develop and execute calendar of Life Enrichment programs.
Ensure proper documentation of Life Enrichment programs on a daily
- Oversight of Family Partnership volunteer program for memory
- Ensure that associates makes resident rounds every two hours or
as required to ensure safety.
- Assist in the admission, transfer and discharge of
- Accept any other tasks, assignments or requests as deemed
necessary by the Executive Director.
- Recognizing changes in residents' conditions and reporting such
changes to the Director of resident care.
- Reporting immediately all accidents involving residents to the
Director of Resident Care.
- Understanding and communicating fire and emergency procedures,
hazardous materials, MSDS, and Community safety precautions.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with Universal
Precautions including but not limited to infection control
standards, hazardous waste policies, blood borne pathogens and all
- Pursuing education development in Alzheimer's disease and
related disorders.Non-Essential Functions:
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings and participates Life
Enrichment activities when able
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA University
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the
position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person
using the Safe Return program or equivalent
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire
- Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent education and
experience; subject to State requirements.
- Training in dementia care or Alzheimer's is strongly
- Able to effectively supervise a diverse employee work
- One to two years related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education, experience and staff
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software. Basic
typing skills required
- Previous experience in caring for seniors in an assisted living
or nursing home environment.
- Supervision and management experience to supervise staff.
Keywords: HRA, Boynton Beach , Director of Memory Care, Executive , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!