Company: Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach County
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: Implements and manages all aspects
of volunteer activities within the Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach
County organization. Responsible for assignment, scheduling and
retention of volunteers recruited for specific programs and events.
Assists in the marketing and promotion of literacy to the public at
large. Plans volunteer recognition and appreciation events and
activities. Work schedule is generally within weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5
p.m., with occasional evening and weekend hours, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
with occasional evening and weekend hours. Essential Duties and
- Maintain and expand volunteer base through outreach to include
individuals, service clubs, businesses, corporations, and other
community and school-based organizations and groups.
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of literacy to the
public at large.
- Work with administrative staff and program managers to assess
volunteer needs and expertise as requested for on-going assistance
or for a special project or event.
- Develop qualification guidelines for specific volunteer
opportunities and provide any training the volunteer needs to
perform the service task.
- Match volunteer expertise to program, project or event for
- Assist volunteers in completing all paperwork and screenings
required prior to placement or assignment.
- Coordinates the placement and scheduling of volunteers,
including those trained for tutoring children in the Building
Better Readers After-School program at the Literacy Center and for
- Works with Building Better Readers Manager to coordinate books
and materials distribution for tutors and students participating in
the BBR After-School program.
- Direct adult literacy tutor volunteers to online training
registration with the Florida Literacy Coalition and assist with
placement referral once trained.
- Assist in coordinating volunteer individuals and groups to read
essays submitted by students for the Annual Literacy Coalition's
Adult Recognition event.
- Creates and maintains on-going communication with volunteers
via phone, email, email news blast, newsletters, etc.
- Plans individual or group volunteer appreciation and
recognition activities or events.
- Develops and maintains volunteer database including tracking
- Organizes and analyzes data required to evaluate program
- Completes required reports for program funders.
- Participate in special event planning and events as
- Participates in staff development programs.
- Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive
- Ensures confidentiality of privileged information.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures,
including agency safety requirements.
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned
responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting
all performance requirements, including but not limited to,
attendance standards and work deadlines.
- Must maintain courteous, professional and effective working
relationships with all employees and clients of the
- Performs any additional duties as deemed appropriate by the CEO
or as needed.POSITION RELATIONSHIPS:The position requires daily
contact with the Literacy Coalition staff as well as frequent
contact with the staff of other agencies, businesses and
organizations as well as with the public at large. POSITION
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including
public speaking as well as written presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Workplace,
knowledge of or ability to learn volunteer software.
- Effective, active listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team leader and collaborate
with community resources.
- The position requires extensive travel in the local area. Must
have a reliable vehicle, and requires maintaining a valid Florida
State driver's license with a satisfactory driving record and
eligibility for coverage under any applicable agency
- Ability and willingness to participate in ongoing professional
development activities in order to keep current on new developments
in the field and to enhance skills already maintained.SPECIAL
REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires safely lifting or moving up to 25 lbs on an occasional
basis, for example, movement of materials.
- Regular requirement to stand or sit with some walking, bending,
stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.EQUIPMENT:Telephone,
copy machine, computer and scanner.SALARY RANGE:Commensurate with
experience.Continued employment is dependent on the availability of
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach County, Boynton Beach , Volunteer Manager, Executive , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!