Company: Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: March 14, 2023
S UMMARY: The Technical Assistance (TA) Specialist provides
targeted support to family childcare homes and childcare centers
contracted with the Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County
including those programs participating in the Strong Minds Program.
This position requires the ability to understand and interpret
program data to help providers improve their classroom practice.
The position requires an individual who can manage their schedule,
work independently, communicate effectively orally and in writing,
understand and implement procedures and practices, and demonstrate
attention to detail and accuracy in their work. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Provide coaching/technical assistance to early childhood
programs to set realistic goals and objectives that support quality
- Markets coaching/technical assistance to all providers
including Strong Minds sites at the Emerging, Promising or In
Network status levels.
- Support providers in developing improvement plans based on
recent Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) assessment
scores, program goals, focusing on all core quality building
- Tracks data for reporting related to training and/or coaching.
Document all related coaching/technical assistance work, into the
statewide information system, Strong Minds and/or WELS system.
- Research and is knowledgeable of applicable current early care
and education regulations, guidelines, standards and rules for
state, federal and locally funded programs.
- Participate in ongoing professional development which
strengthens coaching competencies.
- Participates in the design and development of presentation and
training materials; present and/or facilitates trainings and
Community of Practice sessions as needed.
- Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and
follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from providers, internal and
external partners as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
internal staff, childcare providers, and partners.
- May take the lead on specific projects as directed.
- May serve as a presenter on ELCPBC social media and/or
internet-based platforms such as but not limited to Facebook,
- Performs other duties that may be necessary to maintain the
success of the organization, as determined by management. Q U A L I
F I CA T I O NS: To perform this position successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires successful completion of the level 2
background screening standards as set forth in s. 435.04, F.S. and
drug screening as the Coalition is a drug free workplace.
- Valid Florida driver's license is required, a good driving
record and automobile insurance, as required by the Early Learning
Coalition driving policy.
- Daily attendance on time and as scheduled is required with the
ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, when
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak in English and
Spanish or Creole proficiently, is preferred. EDUCATION AND/OR
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Education, Early Childhood
Education, Child Development, Health and Human Services or related
field from an accredited four-year college or university is
- Two years of coaching and/or training experience is
- One year of experience with Early Education is required.
- Demonstrated ability in techniques used to train, teach, coach,
and provide hands on assistance to others.
- Knowledge of or prior experience utilizing the CLASS Assessment
Tools preferred. TRAVEL: This position may require 80% or more
local daily travel in Palm Beach County to Palm Beach County
offices or other locations for meetings, trainings, and other
required duties. Position requires county-wide travel on a
regular/frequent basis, the program is community based with
services being provided directed in local communities and/or in
individual's homes. No Recruiters Please
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County, Boynton Beach , Education Specialist, Education / Teaching , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...