Health Education & CHW Training Coordinator
Company: Caridad Center
Location: Boynton Beach
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionDuties & Responsibilities
- Maintain fidelity with exciting programs and identify
evidence-based programs or best practice modules for Healthy
Lifestyles, Chronic Diseases, and Florida Board CHW
- Retrieve reports from all software used by the Health Education
- Develop material to show the impact of efforts.
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings to discuss the Health Education
- Maintain updated all the Covid-19 health education according to
- Coordinate two CHW training per year.
- Coordinate one SMR Chronic Disease and Diabetes Self-Management
training per year.
- Track all the information on all the scholarships provided for
- Work in collaboration with the department manager to develop
policies and procedures for Health Education Department.
- Track all online health education and training.
- Maintain up-to-date all CHW's training profiles according to
projects and grants.
- Oversee and analyze the increase in knowledge and impact of all
- Provide in-person or online health-related presentations.
- Maintain active licenses and certification on evidence-based
- Tracking the total number of patients assessed, number of
patients referred to the Health Education / P.E.T. Program, number
of patients screened, and a total of patients identified at
- Submit a monthly report of all the activities.
- Implementation of special projects as required.
- Work in support of and cooperation with the CHW
- Be an active member of the FL CHW Coalition.
- Maintains required records and reports statistics for
administrative, quality assurance, and safety and control
- Evaluates program effectiveness, analyzes results, and
recommends appropriate action.
- Participate in developing and implementing Caridad Center
Health Clinic's short and long-range goals.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Work in support of and cooperation with CHC staff.
- Other duties as assigned. Programmatic Responsibilities
- Understand of, and commit to health equity, including racial
equity and addressing the social determinants of health.
- Manage the recruitment effectively, interviewing, hiring,
training, and termination of Community Health Workers.
- Aides in the development of monthly reports provided by
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to receive and offer feedback constructively.
- Ability to handle complex and stressful situations with
- Provide department presentations to partnership organizations,
patients, and community members. Qualifications
- Post-secondary education, with at least two years of experience
in a healthcare environment, specifically health education and
- Preferable to have active Florida Board CHW certification.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral, and written
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) proficiency, computer literate,
effective collaboration, and culturally competent. Must be computer
literate and have effective collaboration, communication, and
Keywords: Caridad Center, Boynton Beach , Health Education & CHW Training Coordinator, Education / Teaching , Boynton Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!